Wednesday 12 December 2012

Top Shop lands in SA.


What is the lens through which you view life? What do you base your decisions on? In an ever-changing world, Christians need to be sure of their Biblical Christian worldviews more than ever. Remember God 's name is beyond any situation. God loves you.#ChurchSwag
Luv,peace n happiness

After a year the Spanish  retail giant Zara entered the South African retail market, British High- street retailer Top Shop opened its 1st retail shop in Africa. The British retailer‚ which is known for its cheap chic apparel‚ is part of the Arcadia Group. If you are a high-street fashion kinda person then Top Shop will serve you right.


 The franchise and shop-in-shops expansion will be through a partnership with local players The House of Busby and Edcon‚ which together have the rights for Topshop and Topman.

Top Shop opened on the 22nd of November in Africa's biggest shopping centre, Sandton City mall. I couldn't attend the launch since i was still in the Philippines but however I visited the new store a few days ago. I was quite impressed with the look and feel of the store, its so inviting. I must say, whoever is doing the visual merchandising is doing a great job. I did abit of comparing of the stuff it has with those of local retailers and i must say its not high-street for SA market. It looks more exclusive for a high-street apparel. Its high street in the UK and not in Africa, thats my own opinion. However, i think they need to adjust to the local market and seasons because I saw plenty of winter wardrobe pieces in their shelves but we are in summer right now. I have a feeling they just grabbed the stuff in the UK stock and bought here and didn't even consider the African seasons.



South African fashioners are going to enjoy the chic apparel in this store, its diverse and stylish. I love the quality its quite good compared to other retailers. It serves from edgy to cool chic pieces and i am sure the female fashioners will enjoy more. If I was a woman I would shop for my blazers and leather edgy jackets at Top shop instead of Zara. I enjoyed what i saw besides the seasonal pieces.

The question is will Top Shop survive in this highly contested market with Thomas Pink and Zara already pulling the masses? I think it will be a matter of pricing. If it prices just below Zara and almost as the local retailers then there will be hope for expansion.

Welcome Top shop.

Style is a personal thing. Its what defines you.#ChurchSwag

1 comment:

  1. Africa seems to be dictating the fashion and retail market

    ReplyDelete

STYLE IS EMPOWERING. Its what defines you and enhances your career, lifestyle and goals for success.#Vellyvokal #Velly Image & Style